- Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
- Creative Commons
- Information We Collect
- Information You Provide to Us
- Information We Collect Automatically
- How And Why We Use Information
- Purposes for Using Information
- Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
- Sharing Information
- How We Share Information
- Information Shared Publicly
- How Long We Keep Information
- Your Rights
- Controllers and Responsible Companies
- How to Reach Us
- Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
- Transferring Information
- Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
- Third Party Software
- Visitors to Our Users’ Websites
Your privacy is critically important to us. At Stella Products, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are
thoughtfulabout the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
We are a New Zealand based business providing products and services to the Beauty & Medical industries.
- Our website www.stellaproducts.co.nz
- Our other products and services that are available on or through our website.
- Other users’ websites that use our Services, while you are logged in to your account with us.
Throughout this Privacy
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a Stella Products account to provide a username and email address.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us – for example, products–you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, delivery address and contact information.
- Content Information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you in published content (such as products reviews you submit). For example, if you write a review that includes biographic information about you, we will have that information, and so will anyone with access to the Internet. This might be obvious to you…but it’s not
- Communications With Us (Hi There!): You may also provide
usinformation when you respond to surveys, communicate with us about a support/product or service question .
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for
example,when you create or make changes to your account information.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions users take on the website–in other words, what pages were visiting, when visited, what actions taken (e.g, products added to the cart). As another example, our website tracks information about your device (e.g., screen size, network provider, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, to provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
- Information from Cookies & Other Technologies: A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. Pixel tags (also called web beacons) are small blocks of code placed on websites and emails.
How And Why We Use
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, host your website, backup and restore your website, or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their websites more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of
Stellaproductsand others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by
Stellaproductsand others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Stellaproductsand our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations (for example, through our Reader Post Suggestions), target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have a particular plan with us or have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to one of
As another example, when you delete a post, page, or comment from your WordPress.com site, it stays in your Trash folder for thirty days just in case you change your mind and would
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
To enhance the security of your account, we encourage you to enable our advanced security settings, like Two Step Authentication
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services–for example, paid, premium themes–may not be accessible.
- Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features (like adding a location to a photograph, for example).
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time,
Stellaproductsdoes not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Stellaproductswebsites, with the drawback that certain features of Stella Products websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you
go,if you no longer want to use our Services 🙁 🙁 🙁 :(, you can close your WordPress.com account. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests .
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
How to Reach Us
Third Party Software
If you’d like to use
Although most changes are likely to be minor,
That’s it! Thanks for reading.